Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Toasted

Saturday my mom had to work and my dad had to sleep because he just got off the graveyard shift so it was left to me to take my little brother to his first baseball game. Peyton and I got up around 6:30 am took a shower and got ready. Then it was off to get my brother up and moving. He had to be to the field at 7:30 because his game started at 8. So i dress Peyton in warm clothes because it was a little chilly that morning. So it's off to get my brother and then off to the game. We get there sit down and enjoy the weather waiting for the game to start. . I have Peyton wrapped up in a blanket to stay warm. Well around 10:00 a.m. it started warming up but not enough to take Peyton's jacket's off but I take the blanket off. Anyway saturday was the first day in like a week that we have had good warm weather and the wind wasn't blowin and we didn't have dust in our face. Well as the day went on it got hotter and hotter. Finally about 12:30 I took Peyton's jacket off. Now for the bad mother part. I was so caught up in trying to get my brother out the door and off to his game and making sure I had everything that I didn't think about grabbing sunscreen for us. Well 4:00 came around and my poor child looked like a little tomato. I felt so horrible. She was so sunburnt. I couldn't believe I did that. I got home and my mom goes what did you do to your child. I said please don't make feel anymore horrible then I already do. But I am hoping she is like me because in the summer I only burn once and I am done. But she is so white I don't know if that will work for her. So after the game I had to go to walmart and buy us some Aloe Vera lotion. And while I was there I decided I needed to buy her a hat and some sunglasses. So now for the next game we will be prepared.
I am a little burnt but not near as bad as her.



Don't mind the ice cream all over her face.


Peyton crawling.

7 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Dont worry, all mom's do something like this at some point. You cant be perfect and we all forget things, luckily babies are very resilient!

Cherisse said...

Oh, poor little peyton! When I read your title, Toasted, then started reading about you taking Daniel to his baseball game I thought the title would relate to Daniel's team getting toasted or something. Yeah, you know Mosiah has no hair so, I always make sure he's wearing a hat.

Amanda said...

My family calls me the Sunscreen Nazi. I tend to go over board the other way, just because I'm so white and burn so extremly easy! Don't feel too bad. I think every mother has done that at least once.....I know I have.

Keri said...

Oh, poor thing!...and you look pretty burnt, too! Sunscreen is something I don't think about very often, but should. My girls have Randy's skin and tend to tan, but that's still no excuse.

Naomi said...

I did the same thing to Tegan on Saturday when we had a garage sale! I felt horrible! It wasn't even that warm and that is why I didn't think about it! Goes to show you that you can still burn when it is cold outside!

Karli said...

I have done this to two of my little boys. They were both a lot younger than Peyton. Don't beat yourself up over it!

Vanessa said...

Oh poor baby, Ya I think I have done that a time or two! She is still so cute!