Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thrush....

So Peyton has finally been feeling better and sleeping better the last two nights. But yesterday I decided to take her to the doc because I noticed some white stuff in her mouth that was not coming out. At first I thought it was just her milk. But it has been in there the last two days and has been spreading to the side of her cheeks and her lower lip. Well so I take her to her doc and he says well Tashina she has a mild case of thrush. I was like What... What is that? So from what I understood it is an infection in the mouth that is common in most babies from the ages of 5 months and up. I guess it comes from bacteria from putting stuff in their mouths when they start to explore things. So pretty much he said it's like a yeast infection. So he prescibred her some antibotic mouth wash and I have to scrub her mouth every four hours. Let me tell you it sucks. She cried her little heart out when I did it last night. So this not going to be fun. So he goes on to checking her because she started coughing Monday and has a really bad ruiny nose. Well come to find out poor thing has two hear infections. I would have never known though. She never pulls at her ears. But I guess I should say we have been really blessed this year. She hasn't been extremely sick. It has just been the normal cold, teething, shots, and ear infections. So I am thankful we haven't been in the hospital for anything major with her. Especially with this crazy weather we have had. I am so excited for the warm weather to come. I ready to take her outside and show her new things.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I usually crop mine first the way I want them. The other thing, when you upload a picture for in the actual blog-part, you can choose to make it small, med, or large. Sorry about the thrush. Drew's already had it twice, but I just have to put some drops in his cheeks 4x a day....no scrubbing. That would stink, poor girl.

Keri said...

Sorry to hear that she's been sick, but I guess it's good that you took her to the dr and he caught the ear infections. Jenna had thrush when she was only a few months old and gave it to me...not so fun.

Naomi said...

Poor thing! I hope she starts feeling better soon!